Welcome

To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time. ~Clara Ortega

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mama Kana's Birthday

Well, as much of you know our dear family from Texas surprised us by coming to our house a week early. (except McKay) Robbie also is staying with us and it is fun to get to know him. This week was fun and marvelous. With Jaedyn speaking and all, it makes the visit even better. She is such a polite and fun child always saying please and thank you. She was much more fun than last time she came to Utah. Her and I go play outside in the "jungle" every day. She loves the chickens and the fish. Makana and Jaedyn loved the cool morning air. Jaedyn always says surprised, "It's cold?" Swimming is great when it is hot, so we decided to go to the Osmond's and swim. Daxton has grown up so much, and the person he started to love was his grandma. He never wants to leave her. I wouldn't blame him, because she is a grandma who spoils. This week we have watched a lot of movies. Like Spider Man, Soul Surfer, and Diary of a Wimpy Kid. We have also watched our share of Princess movies, because Jaedyn likes to watch them every day. Good thing I had the Texans around or I would be bored out of my mind (with no friends and all.) Fishing is a great thing, fishing with buckets is even better. I have almost caught frogs and snakes at the ponds. My best catch I got was a fish about 3 inches big. I think I will call him Dopey. Every time I walk over and stoop over the ponds, he decides to jump out on to the ground and flop around. Yes, he is a strange fish.But the best part of the week was celebrating Makana's Birthday. We gave her breakfast in bed, and for lunch we surprised her by going to a lunch with her friends. We also got to have a nice dinner out in the back yard, it was all vegetables. Dad might have not liked it, but Makana loved it. It is to bad that I wasn't a writer of blogs when the Kentuckians were here. I could have made more blogs about them and the Sweet Ms. Lydia.







7 comments:

Shelby Osmond said...

FIRST! Love the post parks and it sounds like you guys are having a blast! Happy Birthday to the mama kana!

McKay said...

Thanks for taking such good care of my wife! I'm sad I missed it all

marcia said...

Great post Parks! And I am glad taht fish is alive still. You are a very good uncle and sop willing to always play w J. I think you should take her to the pond next. :) She does love her jungle and getting to play with so many people.
I had a FAB birthday. Thank you so much! It was perfect. And McKay, you did send me beautiful flowers afterall :)

marcia said...

oops, that was me, Makana, not Marcia :)

JDizzle said...

Yay for makana! I got to spend my birthday with the fam this year too, they make it so fun.

Kelsi said...

It's true. We do make birthdays fun. And I for one have loved having mama kana and jaedyn here for so long.

Cassidy and Daniel Stephens said...

sounds like so much fun! I again am very saddened wasn't there to enjoy the celebration. I'm glad that your not as bored anymore parks.